Young Toddler Program – 12 to 24 months
A unique program for one-year olds. Gentle challenges in a caring environment.
Young Toddlers are eager to explore. Our warm, welcoming classrooms will inspire your child to investigate the world around him or her. Our teachers provide gentle challenges to complement this exciting stage of development.
Children of this age group develop their fine and gross motor skills best through play. At Bright & Early, teachers provide children with learning opportunities that encourage them to awaken their sense of self-reliance and exploration.
Our CT Young Toddler Program focuses on the following Standards of Development:
- Personal & Social
- Creative Expression
Young Toddler Classrooms
Small and comfortable cots, clean and comfortable diaper changing stations, child height sinks for hand-washing, and safe and sturdy wooden chairs are all perfect for children 12 – 24 months old. And a nice touch – family photos are displayed at a child’s eye level to bridge the two worlds of home and their home away from home.
Young Toddlers may choose from the following classroom learning centers:
- Circle Time Area - for daily gathering
- Block Area – for building with soft-blocks
- Floor Area – with classroom climber for gross motor development
- Literacy Center - a quiet area to curl up in with a favorite book
- Manipulatives Center - shelves with baskets of curriculum toys for fine motor development
- Sensory Table Center - sand and water table for science experiments