Preschool Program – 3 to 5 years
Creativity, confidence. Interactive and independent activities.
Preschoolers are now ready to take the leap to a busier, bustling classroom filled with more choices, more friends, and more independence. Teachers gently transition children from activity to activity throughout the day. Your child will become more comfortable focusing on single activities for longer periods of time, as his or her attention span develops.
The preschool years set the tone for a lifelong love of learning. Our philosophy is for our teachers to provide both interactive and independent activities to gently challenge your child and help awaken their sense of self-expression and confidence.
Our CT Preschool Program focuses on the following Standards of Development:
- Personal & Social
- Creative Expression
Preschoolers may choose from the following classroom learning centers:
- Circle Time Area – for daily gatherings
- Block and Floor Area – for block building, floor puzzles, etc.
- Literacy Center – a quiet area to curl up in with a favorite book
- Writing Center - to practice beginning writing skills
- Listening Center – a place to sit and listen to audio books
- Manipulatives Center – shelves with baskets of curriculum toys for fine motor development
- Art Center – self-help art cart to express their own style of creativity
- Sensory Table Center – sand and water table for science experiments
- Science Center – displays class science experiments and nature samples
- Family Life Center – to emulate the home environment
- Dramatic Play Center – for dress-up and play acting
- Music & Movement Center - musical instruments and movement items such as parachutes, bean bags, etc.